Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Day

On Wednesday, May 15th, it was Teacher's Appreciation Day in Korea. I don't remember ever giving my teachers gifts as a young student.. but maybe my mother did, or maybe we were too poor to do that sort of thing, or maybe people don't really do that in America. I am not sure, but I do know that the students (more like the parents) go crazy on this day here in Korea. I was shocked by how many NICE gifts we got. Not just socks and weird vitamin C pills, but legit brand cosmetics, lotions, perfumes, food, beverages, and gift cards.

As you can see from this inconclusive picture, we were loaded with amazing gifts. 


We feel lucky to be teachers and to see all of our kids improving everyday. It is also nice to feel appreciated sometimes, especially since it is not Korean culture to tell people they are doing a good job.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...