Saturday, August 17, 2013

What We're Listening To

Every morning when we wake up we go straight to the computer and turn on some music. When we get home, work out at the gym, or travel the country our music is always with us. Music energizes us and keep us in a good mood. I was thinking today about our "go to" music choices as of late and thought it might be a good idea to share them.

I've never called myself a music advocate. I have always liked most music that is played (minus heavy metal, that stuff just gives me a headache!). So it is hard to write a blog post about music I like. I am not sure how to describe different styles and specific artists in a way to make them appealing, but I do think, at the very least, that someday in the future I can look back at this post and listen to the music that I loved the summer when I was 24 and living in Korea.


Maybe one of you will like one of the artists we post about and maybe you will recommend something to us. We are always chomping at the bit for fresh music (new or old). 
Hopefully you get some satisfaction out of our music selection. Whether or not you do, feel free to share with us some whats currently in your ears. Think of this post as a sort of "PLAY IT FORWARD". 

The first guy on my list is DJ100 PROOF. We have been listening to him since we first got together-- over four years ago. He is from Seattle, Washington. Every summer he releases a Backyard BBQ mix that is about an hour long. There are even a few that we plan at playing at our wedding. (Now you can see the kind of vibe we want at our wedding.)


Check out his newest Backyard BBQ Vol. 7
It is over a hour long, but just hit play and continue doing what you were doing. 





Another artist that we have been digging lately is Poolside. They are a couple of guys from Los Angeles who we found on Soundcloud. They have some playlists that are 1-3  hours long that are PERFECT for cooking dinner or having people over for drinks! It is so hard to just choose one song to show you, but if you like this one please check out their other ones!




Last is my favorite solo artist Solzilla AKA Sol. Sol is a guy from Seattle who Bobby introduced me to once before a show. He is an up and coming rapper who is making Seattle proud. He's a very intelligent and honest musician with smooth lyricism and awesome local beats. Even if you don't enjoy rap, you should definitely check him out. He's something else. He just got back from a 6 month journey around South America where he wrote his new single Jump In and in a few weeks he will release his new album Eyes Open. 




So, what do you think? Any there any songs you liked from these artist?
And like always, I welcome new music suggestions.

Cheers.

Jestine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...