Friday, August 23, 2013

Our Wedding Date

I have some big news, but before I spill the beans let me give you some back story.

Bobby and I met in September 2009 through a mutual friend.  He was interested in designing t-shirts and asked for my help since I was in the graphic design program. 

One day he surprised me at my apartment when I got home from work at Starbucks. He was there with my roommates, cooking everyone dinner. He told me that night that he would win my heart over with his cooking. We never made any shirts, but his cooking definitely worked.

Later, on our first date, Bobby took me to a Korean Restaurant. I had never had Korean food so he wanted to be the first to introduce me to it. I had no idea what to order, so Bobby recommended I order bibimbop. It came out in a piping hot bowl and I mixed together all the ingredients. It was something I had never tasted before and I loved it. It was my first taste of Korean food. I guess it was sort of a foreshadow of our lives together that we ate Korean food on our first date and now we are living here together.

We decided to make our relationship official on our first trip together to Seattle in October 2009. He took me home to meet his Mom and Dad. I remember loving his parents instantly. His mom cooked us foods that I had never heard of or could even pronounce for that matter. It felt like I was at a 5 star restaurant but really I was just in "Linda Land".

Within the first ten minuets of meeting his dad, he took us out in his amphi-car around the lake near his house and we enjoyed some delicious homemade Japanese food that night. We were also able to go to a Seattle soccer game, all of which were firsts for me. 

Here is a picture of us almost 5 years ago at the Seattle Sounders game.


Since then Bobby has never stopped teaching me new things, taking care of me, and cooking delicious foods. 

We make each other better people. We both challenge each other to step out of our comfort zone. We set short and long term goals for ourselves and as a couple. We share passions together, including our passion to travel and see the world.

After three years together, Bobby and I got engaged on March 14th, 2012.

Shortly after getting engaged we up and moved to South Korea. Since then we have developed an even stronger relationship because we were forced to deal with everything together and count on each other at all times.

An incredible 5 years later, we are proud to announce our wedding will be August 23, 2014.

Man, does it feel good to have a date!

Ever since we chose the date, I have been doing lots of pinning on Pinterest
I just love Pinterest.

Check out my Pinterest here to see more of my wedding ideas, home inspiration, travel inspiration, fashion, DIY and more ( I spend way too much time there!).

Here is a glimpse at what our wedding will look like.

We hope to do the WHOLE thing for $2,000 or LESS (wish us luck!)

We plan to make tons of stuff by hand to add personal touches and to keep the money in our pockets for future travels.
So on that note, be on the look out for some DIY posts!

I am so excited for our big day. ^_^

xoxox
Jestine

3 comments:

  1. As I recall, Bobby proposed on 3.14 at 1:59pm, which explains the pie. You are two wonderful individuals that are one amazing couple. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having scheduled a date for your big day is very exciting and overwhelming as well, as it also means a lot of planning ahead. $2000 is a reasonable budget, and I’m sure you’ll figure out how to make the most out of it. In my opinion, your money should be mostly spent on food and entertaining guests, aside from your wedding dress, of course. You just have to look for reliable catering service that offers a 5-star-hotel-like food, only affordable.

    Hildred @ CGliv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are extremely excited that we choose a date. Since we are still living in South Korea, I have been doing as much planning as I can from over seas. Luckily, we are having the wedding in Bobby's backyard, so that is a big money saver. Our plan is to have a taco bar and a happy hour where we will have our close friends and family bring side dishes. For our dessert we will have family and friends bring their favorite homemade recipes.

      Bobby brews beer and cider, so our plan is to serve that. I really hope we can keep the budget down. We are lucky we have the help of our friends and family!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...